HELPFUL TIPS FOR FOUNDERS DAY
Our town's largest celebration will convene on downtown Dripping Springs April 21-23, 2017, for the 30th Annual Founders Day Festival with free live music and entertainment, cook-off competitions, a carnival, traditional fair food, as well as a maze of arts and crafts, non-profit organizations, and business vendor booths.
Here are some helpful tips from the Founders Day Commission that will allow you to have the best experience possible:
1. Parking – **Please note** RR12, from Mercer Street to Old Fitzhugh Road will be a "no parking-tow away zone." The Dripping Springs Rotary Club will provide a shuttle for festival-goers from the Dripping Springs High School. $10 per car will allow you to park and shuttle to and from the festival. The shuttle service will run Friday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Paid parking will also be available at the Northeastern corner of Highway 290 West and Ranch Road 12, offered by our local VFW post. To avoid towing in other areas, remember to not park in the right of ways.
2. Festival Admission is FREE! – Although admission to the festival is free, some costs might include: food, beverages, shopping, booth activities, carnival tickets, and parking.
3. Don’t Miss the Grand Parade! This year’s festival kicks off at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 21nd with a Grand Parade on Mercer Street in downtown Dripping Springs. Go early with a lawn chair and be prepared to cheer on the hometown themed parade, “30 Things We Love About Drippin." Folks will line up on both sides of the street and some bleacher seating will be available as well.
4. Stay Late! A street dance with live music will follow the parade on Friday and will run from 7:30 p.m. until midnight. The Mighty Thomas Carnival, food and beer booths will all open Friday evening directly after the parade as well.
5. The Entertainment is Free! Headliners including Departure ATX, Carport Casanovas, and Bobby Pounds Band, are the musical lineup for the Friday and Saturday night live music and street dances. In addition, a variety of dance, acoustic music, local musicians, and up-and-coming artists will add to the FREE entertainment.
6. Need First Aid? We’ve Got You Covered! First Aid Stations will be located throughout the festival.
7. Beat the Texas Heat! Don’t forget these essentials: Bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and wear lightweight, comfortable moisture-wicking clothing.
8. Be good to your dog and leave your furry friend at home – Remember, the asphalt downtown gets too hot during the day for pets. The air temperature is not an accurate gauge for the ground temperature which soaks up heat all day long.
9. Please do not bring glass bottles into the festival. Plastic cups and containers only!
For questions regarding the event, please call City Hall at 512-858-4725 or visit the Founders Day web site at http://www.foundersdayfestival.com.